Monday, April 28, 2008

Longest Day so far.....

Today our Camino family became smaller. Clara (from Spain) had to leave the family and join her friends. Also Leopoldo and Luciana (Italy) left us yesterday. Gitta and I are left with 2 Brazilians guys and 1 Italian guy.

Today has been the best walking day so far, even for 35kms! We started at 7:30am and arrived into Azofra around 7pm. My first blister formed under my foot, but that does not damper my spirit as we are experiencing many adventures, time and time again.

The past couple of days have been tough for me mentally. I question myself from time to time, why the hell am I doing this? Let me tell you, this walk tests every aspect of the human spirit and body, it´s the weirdest feeling. I wanted to give up yesterday, but I¨m so glad I didn´t, as today was well worth the wait. We had sooo much fun, it really does depends on the company you are with and I´m blessed to have made some gorgeous friendships. These people make me laugh so much and we all support eachother in many beautiful ways.


Tonight we arrived at a refugio (hostel) and found out it was completely full, so we´re sleeping in a classroom..lol.. There´s about 10 of us in the room, the rest are a group of guys from Italy cycling the Camino. It´s the funniest thing to be sleeping under the chalkboards. I feel the need to get up and write something on it, and I did! lol.. You´ll have to wait till I get back to Oz to see the pics.
 Anyways, I best leave it here as my time is running out. Thank you all for your kind wishes it only makes me stronger and helps me continue on. I´ve been thinking of you all and sending out good wishes.


Ciao for now
xxx

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sonia! Sounds like you are having the time of your life! Love your blogs - it is so cool to hear about how it is all going as it happens. The only new adventure for me is leaving this blog for you! Never done it before but it is such a great way to keep in touch - thanks for dragging me into the 21 century online world at last!! Sending you loads of thoughts and energy! Have a great day and wallow in the Spanish environment - what a cool culture! Take care, Jill

Anonymous said...

Just remember

It's about the journey not the destination...
(Dan Millman)

Love

Suzie and Ferdi

Anonymous said...

By the way Sonia,

Im off tomorrow and tuesday,
call me!!!!

love suzie

Anonymous said...

Hey Sonia

Great to hear what a fun time your having. Stay positive and just keep putting one foot in front of the other. The minties bowl is doing fine.

MickyP

No Day But Today said...

Sonia! I stayed in the same school in Azofra last September! But there were just two of us. What a rare experience, eh?
Sounds like you are fully in it, getting the entire Camino experience. buenbuenbuen Camino!
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Just keep walking no matter how slow, you won't regret it! When you overcome those negative thoughts and keep going, you'll be able to use those mental lessons for the rest of your life.

Keep it up!!

Erin

Anonymous said...

Your doing so well Sonn keep going, so cant wait to hear all about it. Missing you so much Be safe love your Kirst undiamo!!! Thinking of you 24/7

Anonymous said...

Sonia
It is wonderful to read that you have found friends to walk with you .... as I knew you would. The Camino gives us what we need (even if sometimes that is a nasty blister!). I love reading your blog and imagining where you are. It is all still so vivid to me. I can see that you have entered into the spirit of the Camino with your daily routine of walking, eating, writing in your journal and sleeping. I found it like a long meditation.
Buen Camino, fellow pilgrim.
Thinking of you, Monique