Thursday, April 24, 2008

Walk, walk, walk

The dream has finally arrrived. (Commenced my pilgrimmage on 21.04.2008)

I´m sitting here in Puenta della Reina typing up this entry. To date, we´ve walked just a little over 90kms through rain, wind, mud, sun. Did I mention mud? Heaps of the stuff...lol

This journey has been unbelievable from the word go. I´ve meet sooo many people from the plane ride to England, from the plane ride to the starting point (SJPP). The guy I met on this particular plane ride is part of the group I´m walking with at the moment. There´s 5 of us walking together. 3 from Italy and 1 from Hungary. The majority of people walking the Camino seem to be French, Germans and Italians. I´ve only met 2 other Aussies, one of them used to live in North Narrabeen. It's a small, small, world. It´s an extremely cheap holiday (roughly around 25 Euros a day).


The Camino is a simple life and I´m loving it!!! We get up around 6:30am pack our bags, head out to a bar to have breakfast, then we walk, then we stop at another bar to eat lunch, and we walk some more. Once we arrive to the refugio (hostel) we wash our clothes and shower, check out the village/city, head to another bar to eat dinner (pilgrim menu), drink, chat and laugh. I write in my journal and head to bed around 10pm. That´s it!!! I could do this for awhile and thank god I have awhile...lol


Yesterday my knee went slightly. I was sooo worried my Camino was going to end there and then! So I went to church and prayed for divine intervention and popped a 600mg anti-inflammatory and waaalllaaaa!!! My knee is right as rain today. I cannot believe in Oz you need a prescription for 50mg, here in Spain, they sell 600mg over the counter, thank the Lord...lol


Apologises for any mistakes, the keyboard is slightly different over here and my money is slowing running out. Truth be told, I couldn´t be bothered to go over this post.. lol
 All in all, I´m going to leave it here and say ´life requires us to take one step at a time, and in good time one will arrive to their destination'. Let´s pray in my case, I arrive into Santiago in great health, as I´m definitely eating alot...lol
 Anyway my dear friends, hope all is well with you all...


Adios for now
xxx

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Sonn, so stoked your loving it , just take it easy on that knee. I got a awesome surprise today Shell arrived home early. Ive been missing you heaps already.
Take care my Bella
Love you

No Day But Today said...

You go girlfriend!!! I am so happy to hear you are lovin' it. Keep that knee together - you will need it later on for the big hills.
Keep on walking and writing! WIsh I were there...

xoxox
Nancy from California

Anonymous said...

Hey Son, Just a little message to say all the best on your Journey. I'm thinking of you and sending good vibes, I know that when i was far from home to hear or speak to a friend lifts spirits higher than anything else so this is my plan for you lol. Your probablly having the time of your life but take care my friend and i'll speak to you soon. Lorn :)

Rod said...

Keep livin' the dream, Pueta della Reina is a great place, you be past me in no time. listen to you knee and you will have no probs

Anonymous said...

Fantastic to hear from you. All is good at your place, Keith and Justin have bonded over the TV. Keep having your wonderful adventure. Can't wait to read more on your blog. love Suzie

Anonymous said...

Dear Sonia

Glad to hear you are loving your walk. Take care, enjoy, and follow your heart and mind, look after your knee. Stay strong and positive minded and you will complete the adventure before you know it. The kids and I wish you all the very best. Take Care, see ya !!

Anonymous said...

Sonia

Congratulations, I knew you could make it before you left Australia. What a truly wonderful achievement you can always cherish and be proud off. Take Care. TD