Sunday, April 6, 2008

Why?


Why? Why do you feel compelled to walk 800kms and for what?


Because I feel a strong inner pull to do it! Thanks Paulo Coelho.


This is the question people want answered. There are sooo many reasons why I want to do this, the most powerful reason is this inner calling to slip on my hiking boots and walk this ancient road to Santiago... Am I religious? I like to say I'm spiritual. I believe strongly in a higher spirit. Who knows what experiences, challenges, people or miracles I'll come across, but that's what I can't wait to experience.


A couple of weeks ago a close friend asked me this same question and I replied 'I know I won't find all the answers to life or the actual meaning of life, all I want is to experience something new. I'm ready for newness in my life. A new chapter has opened itself up and is calmly awaiting a new story.


In a nutshell these are my reasons:
  • Learn to Risk more
  • Travel by myself. I've always travelled with someone. I'm inspired by females travelling solo.
  • Challenge myself physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually
  • Practise Spanish
  • Eat, eat, eat....I love Spanish food...Bring on the Tapas
  • Hopefully discover what my life's purpose is..Especially in the work arena
  • Open myself up to meeting and creating new friendships
  • Laugh as much as I possibly can
  • Take one day and one step at a time
  • Let go
  • Give thanks to God for all the blessings in my life
  • I'd like to come across healers who can teach me different healing techniques
  • I'd also like to give back to other pilgrims by doing reiki on them. It's been awhile
  • Send out prayers and good wishes to all the people in my life
  • I want to look back in life and say I accomplished something extraordinary
  • The majority of people I've spoken to who have completed this walk, seem to go back time and time again, I want to know why?
  • I want to experience miracles
  • I want to have an adventure of my lifetime
  • And ultimately have the time of my life!
    Let the journey begin...

No comments: