Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Thank you for your support

Thought I´d write up a quick entry as I´m overwhelmed with so many upflifting, loving and encouraging comments and emails. I just wanted to say a BIG thank you to you all!


Monique and Nancy, you ladies would understand what it feels like to recieve encouragement especially on those hard days. I had another hard day yesterday and today. The 3 of us (Gitta, Eric and I) have come down with a cold and walking isn´t making it any easier. I´ve also obtained 2 new blisters (total of 5) and very slight pain in my heel. God, I hope it´s not tendinitous.


They are predicting rain, thunderstorms, lighting and hail tonight (3rd time it´s rained on the Camino) and for the next few days, with a maximum temperature of 9 degrees. Talk about the Universe throwing curve balls. Let the game begin! lol

So the moral of this entry is, thank you all for your kind words, thoughts, prayers and love. You have no idea how much they have helped me along the road. Thinking of you all and once again, I'm placing little stones along the way filled with good wishes for you all.


xxx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you Sonn and Im so so stoked for how much your enjoying your experience so cant wait to hear about it xxxxx K

Anonymous said...

Sonia, congratulations on making it this far. You are doing so well! I loved your description of the night spent with pilgrims making a meal together and meditating on people's reasons for walking the Camino. You can see why this experience will be such a resource for you in the future. I am interested that you preferred Burgos cathedral to Leon's ... I found Leon's moved me more. I think it was the windows full of flowers which I have never seen before or since in a cathedral of that period. I love the way thousands can walk the same path and experience it in their own unique way. I can't wait to hear all the detail when you come home. Keep striding forward my friend.
Monique x