Monday, May 5, 2008

Halfway (according to my guidebook)

Well, we made it to the halfway mark (according to John Brierley´s guidebook). The place is called Terradillos de los Templarios and last night we stayed in a new albergue which turned out to be luxurious by Camino standards. Gitta, Eric and I decided to shared a room. I was so excited because it had an ensuite. Ahhh, how we take for granted our everyday luxuries. This place has turned out to be the best albergue we´ve stayed at so far.


Yesterday was a sad day. Due to a knee injury and a limited time frame, Eduardo decided to leave the group (and then there were 3) and continue forth from Ledigos to Sahagun by taxi and then by train to Leon. From Leon, he will continue his walk to Santiago.


Good luck my Camino friend. Remember, ´piano piano arriviamo´! Thank you for everything. You have been one of my Camino angels on this grand adventure. I will miss you. Ciao and buen Camino bello.


Eduardo was our motivator and alarm clock. Every morning, like clock work he would wake us up. But this morning was different. Man, we are sooo lazy without him! We started our Camino at 9:30am! Usually we start around 6:30am! Eduardo, where are you? lol... Ok, I'm taking responsibility. I'm happy to step up and be the next time keeper. Once we arrive in Leon, I think I'll purchase an alarm...lol

Anyways my friends, it's time to hit the road now. I´ll try and jump on later, but for now, it´s time to walk, walk, walk...

5 comments:

No Day But Today said...

Sonia, sounds like those knees aren't slowing you down at all. Yippee! I love to read your posts. And I am so happy you are loving your Camino.
xoxox
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Hey Son, Sorry i haven't left you a comment for a while but i've been checking out all your updates. Sounds like your having the best time and i cant wait to hear everything about it :) So glad to hear your fighting fit and making great time with your buddies. Have a large glass of vino tinto for me and keep your spirits high, Thinking of you my friend :) :) :)Lorn x

Anonymous said...

Hey Sonia
Great to hear your trip is going so well, you sound like you are smiling when you update this blog, really relaxed.
Halfway there! enjoy every day.

MickyP

Anonymous said...

Can't believe you're halfway already! Sounds like you're having a great time too... it was worth the wait I bet. Can't wait to hear more ...
xoxox
Mariana

Anonymous said...

Go Sally Go!!! GO HARD OR GO THE FUCK HOME Love you Sonn be safe xxx