Monday, January 2, 2012

Boots

After purchasing 2 pairs of Merrell boots (Moabs and Chameleons) I was toing and froing between the two. In the end, I opted for the Merrell Moabs mid boot. 

The difference between the two (in my humble opinion) is the Chameleons are very sturdy although they lack comfort. They are a stiff boot. Whereas the Moabs are very comfy more like a sneaker and lightweight. When I'm walking in Moabs it feels like I'm walking on clouds. They provide good ankle support and alot of cushioning. Although the downside to this boot the sole is not as sturdy as the Chameleons.

Reviews from the Camino de Santiago forum indicate people either love Moabs or they don't. The main reason is due to the sole not being sturdy enough and apparently you can feel the pebbles under your feet.

Everytime I've taken these boots out for a walk, they feel great! When I finally reach the time to commence pack walks, my opinion might change.

In the meantime, these boots were made for walking...

:)

No comments: